Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Feeling...

Today, as I try to fathom and deal with the loss of life in Colorado recently, my heart and condolences go out to the families; as well as prayers.  How do we even begin to comprehend what the families are going through.  I feel the ache in my heart toom but of course, not like theirs.  I send my heart-felt blessingsn for comfort to the all the familie,,, and all of us too, or we are all connected.

As I was out for my walk by the river today at lunch time and began to feel the emotions of all this... I was reminded of the healing qualities of creative expression, and the process I call Mandala Medicine.  This practice was an integral part of my life for 3-4 years, and yet I've not created in a long time.  It's times like this that draw me to creating Mandala Medicine - as this is what the process is about:  emptying the energy, emotion, color and shape of what I am feeling (or not feeling) int the empty circle. A circle I recognize as  "sacred"- (mandala means, "sacred circle").    It's no wonder that often, either afterward or in the midst of tragedy or upheaval, children are given paper and crayons so they can draw to express how they're feeling... at a time when words escape them. 

I know, when I create that  mandala with the intention of expressing my feelings and  honoring those who have been killed, and their families -- that energy will set in motion a wave Love and Compassioon that will not only reach the families, but everyone who's touched by this....and even those who might not realize they are... and for that, I am deeply grateful.

(You too, are invited to: create Mandala Medicine with me.  Just click the above Mandala Medicine link - which serves as a guide... and to share your experience of the process, as well as what you've created...if you'd like. It's in the creating and sharing that we are made whole)    Godspeed, one and all.


No comments: