Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 275 / 365

As I wrap up the weekend and get ready for the week... I reflect..and feel gratitude for:

1)  Good-hearted, personable, caring neighbors
2)  Rae's inspiring post on her blog:  The Art of Collecting Yourself .. thank you Rae.
3)  Thank you Jamie Ridler for always inviting us to probe deeper...and find our inner-treausres
4)  The beautiful Fall day today... and the enjoyment of puttering around the house
5)  Watching the movie, The Velveteen Rabbit today... which I'd nver seen... the memorable ending lesson was:  "Loving" makes us real... and then I saw the Velveteen Rabbit emerge from a cloth sack...as a living, breathing charcoal colored bunny... come to life through the love of a little boy. It really makes me ponder the distinguishmnent between "love" and being "loving" (which the swan in the movie pointed out).  I just love children's movies...stories and books!

No comments: