Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 65 /365

How wonderful that we're experiencing the promise of Spring these last few days. Today it's sunny, bright...and I swear I can feel and see the buds in divine waiting within the trees, although still bare to the naked eye. I love this kinship I have with the trees. In this moment I am deeply grateful for that as well as...

1.) the inspiration and heart-smiles I receive from visiting my friend Debra via her blog.... thank you Deb.. for sharing your heart's insight with the world

2.) my passion and soul's devotion to creativity; whether it's for creativy's sake.. or with the conscious intention to explore my inner-world and what lies there (memories, expereinces, inspiration, resistence, pain, questions...) -- exploring and learning about myself and life this way is tending to my Soul's Flower Garden... whether I realize it or not: preparing the soil, planting the seeds, weeding, admiring the blooms and letting their energy merge with mine, removing the "dead heads" from the spent blooms ...and allowing the soil, the roots, seeds and bulbs to do what they do in their innately directed rest...before their next season's bloom. I like seeing life as a Flower Garden... and appreciate the blooms of the seeds I've planted as well as the unexpected blooms of "volunteers" and wildflowers that show up...its a part of their DNA as well as mine - I love my Flower Garden... dandy lions and all .. and, as I write this I am reminded of the heartiness of dandy lions.. hmm.. time for me to explore and cultivate Dandy Lion Medicine - thank you flower kingdom, for your multi-faceted gifts!

3.) the quote "I am stepping out of my daily routine. My intent is to explore the mysteris buried inside me that words cannot express." from Victoria Cummings via her article* in the May-June 2007 Spirituality & Health magazine featuring process painting teacher, Pamela Hochstetter... that quote reminds me how powerful it is to be aware of and acknowledge what I am doing, and my intent.. and not being hooked on what will or won't happen in the process or how it will look, but to surrender to and trust the process.. that in itself is the Gift and the Medicine of experiencing creativity as a spiritual journey vs. being pre-occupied with the end result (easier said than done, so I continue to practice, practice, practice;..and each practice session mines my Soul's Gold whether I realize it or not).... for me, that is the ultimate in soul-tending.. mining the ancient treasures within the ultra-thin layers of my soul, the layers,...dense with wisdom and guidance and love;... it's a signficant seed in the Flower Garden of my Whole Life

4.) my winding, seemingly-elusive journey to full, self-acceptance...and self-love

*Click here to read Victoria Cummings' article, "Paint Your Sprit"
Pamela Hochstetter's website is here

No comments: