Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 35 /365

It's interesting how energized I can feel at the end of the day at work, sometimes. It's lighter outside.. I get to walk out and see daylight. Right now.....I am grateful for:

1.) Dr. Shepherd and his "good shepherding" of my health - having my best interest at heart, even when I'm in a hurry and don't want to stay for the duration; I also enjoy our good-natured bantering.. makes me laugh; ...and I'm thankful to my friend, Bill...for recommending him to me!

2.) the young man who appointed himself my plant caretaker at work...even though I hardly ever see him... I can tell he's been there; I appreciate the notes he leaves...and his thoughtfulness...the plants and flowers he ocassionally leaves for me brighten my office

3.) today's Oprah...on a wake-up call for our health; I almost didn't watch it...it felt like warning overload...but toward the end there was good news, encouraging news and how small changes can have a big effect on our health...one way or another .. I remember Michelle Obama saying the same thing..that it was the consistent, small changes that turned their family's eating and health around

4.) the quiet at work...after 5pm -- it can be very calming..and very focusing for me to accomplish personal stuff I didn't get done at lunch time; I am thankful for my very good job, my co-workers...and the work environment; I am blessed!

5.) feeling good in my body... smoother functioning of my body... and improvements in my health and well-being

6.) the countless opportunities available for healing and processing via spontaneous self-expression, creative expression with the body (drumming, dancing (Roth)...walking); being conscious that all of these are beneficial on many levels of being

7.) spending time with Kamaria... always

No comments: