Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 12 /365

Ah...the Spirit of Gratitude surrounds me...and abides in me. It sleeps with me, awakes with me, is my companion throughout the day and blankets me in its Love whiile I sleep... and for all of that I am immensely grateful. I am also grateful for:

1.) the song "My Heart Spinning" on Judith Cornell's Mandala Healing Kit CD... hearing the lyrics and melody.. "my heart spinning...is the un-i-verse... "- were with me this morning...singing themselves

2.) the power of chanting the sacred sound "aum" - and the others that resonate with each chakra

3.) the Blooming Heart mandala I created - it feels like a theme..."my blooming heart"

4.) the scent of Rose Otto essential oil by Floricopia

5.) my kindred-spirt-sister, Vimala Rodgers.. and her work with the sacredness of our handwriting patterns...and the history of the alphabet -- thank you dear Vimala

6.) book-ending my day with gratitude...and the gratitude sandwich I have throughout the day - feels wonderful.. like the quote by David Steindl-Rast says: "As I express my gratitude, I become more deeply aware of it. And the greater my awareness, the greater my need to express it. What happens here is a spiraling ascent, a process of growth in ever expanding circles around a steady center."

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh Cheryl, this is wonderful...I love this blog dedicated to gratitude. I didn't know you were doing this!!! yay...I shall add this to my blog roll!
I am thoroughly inspired by this last quote in particular, "...what happens here is a spiraling ascent, a process of growth in ever expanding circles around a steady center"...Wow...that is so right on. Beautiful.