Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14 /165

Today, I continue to be present to.....cultivate...and feel "Gratitude-Joy". Today, I am grateful for:

1.) the countless humanitarian organizations and individuals and personal projects that are created to help others in need... on the other side of the world or in our own back yard.

2.) the gift of prayer that I can give to others, especially the people in Haiti...an their families abroad, who've been affected by the earthquake

3.) the smiling faces of the folks at the Millennium Park ice-skating rink, today at lunch. I felt like I was gliding on the ice with them; a feeling of freedom and invigoration. People of various ages, backgrounds and professions; men in business suits, women in dresses, teens in jeans and seniors in sweats...and everything else in between. Seeing them gliding across the ice, enjoying the music, I realize it's nearly impossible to ice-skate and not smile! ...or witness it and not smile and feel "Gratitude-Joy". It's an enlivening fragrance for the heart. Thank you.

4. ) Julia Cameron and her spirit-liberating work of The Artist's Way, and Your Right to Write

5.) windchimes... I love hearing them, especially the "tinkling" sound of the glass ones...from childhood.. at Grandma's house.. and the brass one I hung in front of my bedroom door as a teenager...and the one on the back porch amid the abundance of flowers in the flower box that Daddy made...yes, thank you Dad for making a space for me to cultivate alive, colorful, 3D-beauty. I love you.

No comments: